Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2007

[Gmail] deleting from in:trash does nothing

You want to forever delete the email messages in Trash... You click on Trash. But there, you find there are some messages you don't want to delete, not yet... So you think of filtering those you want to delete. The search tab already has in:trash written in, so you go on filtering upon your heart's desire.


At this point, I would humbly expect to get a Delete Forever button, instead of the Delete one. After all, the button was there right before I made the search. Oh well, I'll just click Delete.


A ha, that was a waste of time, just like I imagined - the action Delete applied on a conversation that's already in the Trash, will unnecessarily move it to the Trash.

I could select the needed messages, go and click on Trash again, and forever delete them from there, but that's a little counter-intuitive.

I just added my suggestion regarding this issue, at the Gmail: Help Center. I don't feel like searching the Gmail dedicated Google Group(s) for this one, sorry.