Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

How I installed the flash plugin - libflashplayer.so

These are the official instructions.

I applied the instructions for tar.gz.

I got the archive from the Adobe website, I unpackaged it, moved it to the plugins folder of my browser, checked it had the right permissions, and then restarted the browser and checked the about:config page: everything had gone well.
  • tar -xzvf flashplayer_square_p2_64bit_linux_092710.tar.gz
  • cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/
  • sudo chown root:root /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
What I found in the about:plugins page:

Shockwave Flash

File: libflashplayer.so
Version:
Shockwave Flash 10.2 d161
MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf Yes
application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl Yes

No comments: